Milan Bound David Beckham Promises LA Galaxy Return

« Older   Newer »
anano1214
view post Posted on 18/12/2009, 12:32

Set for another extended loan with AC Milan, David Beckham vowed in his latest media outing to return to Major League Soccer.

His departure to AC Milan is imminent, but Los Angeles Galaxy player David Beckham took some of his remaining time Stateside to appear on the George Lopez talk show yesterday.

Beckham assured the audience on hand that he intended to return to the Los Angeles team to play next year. The club reached the MLS Cup final this past season, but lost out to Real Salt Lake in penalty kicks, though Beckham made his attempt.

"I've always said that I'll be coming back," said Beckham.

The extended loan in Italy will mean that Beckham will miss the first half of the MLS season, however. He had a similar arrangement this year.

"I'll be back after the World Cup, if I'm hopefully with England," Beckham said. "I'll be back here in the middle of July."

Beckham went on to reveal his fear of signing games with celebrity friends such as Eva Longoria and Tony Parker, but he was confident when he told Lopez that his experience as the son of a hairdresser qualified him to give the host a haircut.

Lopez was willing. Beckham whipped out a haircutting cape and gave the host a quick trim, then styled his hair into a faux-hawk look.

Andrea Canales, Goal.com

0 replies since 18/12/2009, 12:32   52 views