Andrea Pirlo Pledges Future To Milan

« Older   Newer »
anano1214
view post Posted on 18/12/2009, 12:43

The midfielder admits he resisted temptation to join Chelsea or Real Madrid and now hopes to end his career at the San Siro.

Milan midfielder Andrea Pirlo has reassured the Rossoneri faithful that he remains fully committed to the club and plans to see out his playing days at the club.

The 30-year-old has been the subject of extended transfer speculation in recent years and seemed on the verge of following former Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti to Chelsea last summer, while Spanish giants Real Madrid have also been frequently linked with him.

“Real and Chelsea are a strong temptation, but they are in the past now,” the 2006 World Cup winner told Sky Sport Italia show ‘I Signori del Calcio’.

“I would have joined Chelsea to try a new adventure. Milan were going through a difficult period and it was perhaps the right time to link up with a coach I already knew.

“But the words of the president (Silvio Berlusconi) flattered me and I decided to stay.

“I am 30 and hope to finish my career here. Milan are a family where you feel comfortable and win trophies. It doesn’t get better than that.”

Vince Masiello, Goal.com

Anguisette
view post Posted on 7/2/2010, 01:16

Good, I want us to keep him til the end!

anano1214
view post Posted on 7/2/2010, 02:16

hope he will end his career in Milan

Anguisette
view post Posted on 7/2/2010, 02:31

We need his skills and we need his beautiful hair!

3 replies since 18/12/2009, 12:43   62 views