World Cup stars sign up to inaugural Dubai football 7s

« Older   Newer »
anano1214
view post Posted on 23/2/2010, 22:56

World Cup legends Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Costacurta and Franco Baresi will be part of an AC Milan team taking part in the inaugural Dubai Football 7s tournament in March, it was announced on Monday.

Paolo Di Canio, who also starred for West Ham United in the English Premier League, will also be part of their side for the Emirates-sponsored competition.

Organisers of the inaugural tournament said on Monday that the AC Milan side will join the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Celtic and Rangers in the legends tournament which will see some of the biggest names from yesteryear competing in Dubai from March 11-13, news agency WAM reported.

Maldini, the former AC Milan captain who spent his entire career - an incredible 25 seasons - with the club, said: "It is very exciting to be going back to Dubai. My team-mates and I are really looking forward to playing together again and taking on some greats of the game next month. I have no doubt it will be a great show."

Mohammed Mattar - Emirates' divisional senior vice president Airport Services, added: "We are thrilled that AC Milan have confirmed their participation in the legends tournament at the Emirates Airline Dubai Football 7s.

"In addition to this we also have eight professional sides and over 300 amateur teams all participating in what promises to be a true festival of football - a real family event."

Based on the model of the Dubai Rugby Sevens, the amateur tournament will be divided into 12 different sections, from under-nine level right through to veterans.

refered by ...... -> http://news.search.yahoo.com/search/news;_...&fr=yfp-t-701-s
url is -> www.arabianbusiness.com%2F582069-world-cup-stars-sign-up-to-dubai-football-7s

LoveBubbles
view post Posted on 26/2/2010, 09:59

we'll be seeing more Paolo playing football, that's good :D

1 replies since 23/2/2010, 22:56   69 views