Napoli - Milan, Week 29 - 22/3/09

« Older   Newer »
anano1214
view post Posted on 21/3/2009, 21:04

Serie A Week 29 - 22/3/09 (19.30 UK)
Napoli - Milan

Stadio San Paolo

Serie A’s Sunday night clash will offer a special and tense encounter at the San Paolo between Napoli and Milan.

Roberto Donadoni started his new adventure with a draw against Reggina and will be keen to show the worth of his work against the team which made him a star in calcio. The former Italian boss will also be keen to prove his talent against ex-teammate Carlo Ancelotti.

The Campani are now without a win in 10, they are 11th in the table, and need to get back on track. “I appreciate the effort of the President who has been very close to us in the past few days,” said Donadoni. “But I would also like to give credit to Edy Reja for his positive influence on the team. Despite all I think he did a good job.”

Milan are chasing Juventus in the table and while their rivals are five points ahead in the standings, it would be realistically more achievable for the Rossoneri to keep their current position. They were impressive at the weekend against Siena, but we are used to their highs and lows so anything could happen in Naples.

“Once we take the lead we slow down a bit giving our opponents a chance to get back into the game and I don’t like this attitude,” said Ancelotti. “I am happy in Milan and I have a contract. I hope things will stay like this,” he noted regarding a possible move to Real Madrid.

Salvatore Aronica will miss this tie due to suspension. Luigi Vitale and Leandro Rinaudo are also out, as well as long-term casualties Gennaro Iezzo, Walter Gargano and Christian Maggio. Donadoni should once again prefer Marcelo Zalayeta to German Denis up front.

Christian Abbiati picked up an injury against Siena and will be out for the rest of the season so Nelson Dida is expected to step in for him. Daniele Bonera and Kaka are doubts but could make a late recovery.

Keep an eye on: Filippo Inzaghi (Milan) – Super Pippo has scored five in two games to reach the 300-goal mark. “He always wakes up during these months. It must be the spring,” smiled Ancelotti.

Last season: Napoli 3-1 Milan

Form guide: Napoli (D L L L D) Milan (L W L W W)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Napoli (probable): Navarro; Santacroce, P.Cannavaro, Contini, Montervino; Pazienza, Blasi, Bogliacino; Hamsik; Zalayeta, Lavezzi

Milan (probable): Dida; Zambrotta, Bonera, Maldini, Jankulovski; Beckham, Pirlo, Flamini; Ronaldinho; Pato, F.Inzaghi

Ref: To follow...

NAPOLI-MILAN: DE MARCO TO REF

MILAN - It will be referee Andrea De Marco who will direct Napoli-Milan, evening game of matchday 29 on Sunday at 8.30pm at the San Paolo stadium. He will be assisted by Grilli and Rosi. The fourth official will be Ciampi.

ACMilan.com

NAPOLI-MILAN: THE CALLED-UP PLAYERS OF CARLO ANCELOTTI

MILAN - These are the 21 Rossoneri players called-up by Carlo Ancelotti for tomorrow evening's clash at the San Paolo against Napoli:

Goalkeepers: Dida, Kalac, Perucchini;
Defenders: Antonini, Darmian, Favalli, Jankulovski, Maldini, Mattioni, Senderos, Zambrotta;
Midfielders: Beckham, Cardacio, Flamini, Pirlo;
Attackers: Inzaghi; Kakà, Pato, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho.

Unavailable: Abbiati, Bonera, Borriello, Emerson, Gattuso, Kaladze, Nesta.

ACMilan.com

NAPOLI: ROBERTO DONADONI'S CALLED UP PLAYERS

MILAN - Napoli's official website reports the list of players called up by Roberto Donadoni for tomorrow night's match against Milan: Gianello, Navarro, Bucci, Cannavaro, Contini, Grava, Santacroce, Amodio, Blasi, Bogliacino, Datolo, Hamsik, Mannini, Montervino, Pazienza, Denis, Lavezzi, Pià, Russotto, Zalayeta.

ACMilan.com

anano1214
view post Posted on 22/3/2009, 20:32

NAPOLI-MILAN: LE FORMAZIONI UFFICIALI
NAPOLI - Queste le formazioni ufficiali di Napoli-Milan, posticipo della 29° giornata di Serie A.

NAPOLI: Navarro; Santacroce, Cannavaro, Contini; Grava, Pazienza, Blasi, Hamsik, Mannini; Lavezzi, Zalayeta.
MILAN: Dida; Zambrotta, Maldini, Favalli, Jankulovski; Beckham, Pirlo, Flamini; Seedorf, Inzaghi, Pato.

ACMilan.com

anano1214
view post Posted on 23/3/2009, 12:03

IT'S OVER: NAPOLI-MILAN 0-0

NAPLES - It finished Napoli-Milan 0-0 at the San Paolo stadium.

ACMilan.com

3 replies since 21/3/2009, 20:47   71 views