Udinese - Milan, Week 36 - 17/5/09

« Older   Newer »
anano1214
view post Posted on 16/5/2009, 08:24

Serie A Week 36 - 16/5/09 (19.30 UK)
Udinese - Milan

Stadio Friuli

The Scudetto is no longer a real possibility but Milan still want to defend second place and will need points from their trip to the Friuli. Udinese are in top form though and are arguably the best team in Serie A at the moment.

The Zebrette have collected an amazing run of five consecutive wins which has put them within touching distance of European football. That target is now only three points away.

“I liked our reaction in the last game,” noted Pasquale Marino following their 3-1 victory against Lazio. “I hope none of the guys will leave this summer and that we will keep the same squad.”

Milan could have closed the gap on Inter to just five points but failed to secure victory against Juventus at San Siro. The Rossoneri, 16 points from their last six games, have little chance in catching the Nerazzurri with just three games left and will instead be keeping an eye on Juventus who are four points behind.

“The title was already over for us,” said Carlo Ancelotti. “Now we need to win all the games left starting with three points against Udinese. Regarding my position it is not my job to say what will happen. I am a Coach and I do my best.”

Dias Felipe and Giovanni Pasquale should recover in time for the game. Totò Di Natale, Andrea Coda and Aleksander Lukovic are out though. Marino should keep Mauricio Isla in defence while playing striker Asamoah in midfield.

David Beckham and Giuseppe Favalli are suspended. The Rossoneri are also without Marco Borriello, Alessandro Nesta, Christian Abbiati and Kakha Kaladze who have all been out for a while. Ancelotti should keep Ronaldinho on the bench as well as Alexandre Pato.

The Bianconeri have often been defeated by the Lombardi and convincingly so. This season it was 5-1 in favour of Milan, while two seasons ago it was 4-1. In 2005-06 and 2006-07, Milan won at the Friuli by four and three goals respectively.

Keep an eye on: Pippo Inzaghi (Milan) – Super Pippo couldn’t find the net against his old team Juventus but still deserves a starting shirt. Like a good wine, Inzaghi gets better with years…

Last season: Udinese 0-1 Milan

Form guide: Udinese (W W W W W) Milan (W W W W D)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Udinese (probable): Handanovic; Isla, Zapata, Felipe, Pasquale; Inler, D’Agostino, Asamoah; Pepe, Quagliarella, Sanchez

Milan (probable): Dida; Zambrotta, Senderos, Maldini, Jankulovski; Flamini, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Seedorf; Kaka, F.Inzaghi

Ref: Rizzoli

Channel 4

anano1214
view post Posted on 17/5/2009, 10:35

UDINESE-MILAN: OFFICIAL FORMATIONS
5/16/2009
Udinese: Handanovic; Isla, Zapata, Felipe, Pasquale; Inler, D'Agostino, Asamoah; Pepe, Quagliarella, Floro Flores.

Milan: Dida; Zambrotta, Senderos, Maldini, Jankulovski; Flamini, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Seedorf; Kakà, Pato.

ACMilan.com

IT'S OVER: UDINESE-MILAN 2-1
5/16/2009
MILAN - It finished Udinese-Milan 2-1, in the second anticipated match of the 36th matchday of Serie A at the Stadio Friuli of Udine. After D'Agostino's penalty goal in the 31st minute of the first half, Zapata made it 2-0 in the 49th minute, and Massimo Ambrosini made it 2-1 with a header from Ambrosini.

ACMilan.com

1 replies since 16/5/2009, 08:23   38 views